Float therapy is a powerful tool for wellness, relaxation, pain relief and better sleep. You enter a cabin that has 10 inches of skin temperature water (93.5 degrees Fahrenheit) with 1000 lbs of Epson Salt dissolved in that water (seven times the density of the Dead Sea). This high salt density water allows the body to float effortlessly. You will feel like you are floating in the air. It is a sensory reduced environment that removes all distractions and provides an opportunity to experience a total disconnect, allowing your body and mind to relax and let go. Years of well documented tests show that floatation therapy not only has an immediate effect on pain relief and elimination of stress, it also promotes 'whole-brain' thinking.
The float rooms at Natural Elements are equipped with Cabins. A standard cabin is almost five feet wide, eight feet long and seven feet high. We went with a cabin instead of a pod or tank to accommodate anyone who may have a concern of claustrophobia. These cabins are very spacious and allow you to control the lights giving you the opportunity to ease into your float.
Natural Elements offers Fluid Float Cabins. These are not just any float cabin! Along with the standard features of most float cabins, our cabins also offer infrared light, float specific meditation recordings to help you improve focus, stop smoking, reduce stress and anxiety, tackle PTSD, improve athletic performance and so much more. Along with magnesium the solution is also infused with the minerals Silver, Copper and Zinc. The use of the infrared rays and added minerals is an amazing way to maximize your experience and health benefits.
5 Ways Floating Helps
1. Floating helps reduce inflammation, pain and muscle soreness. It does so in a few ways. First, through the absorption of Magnesium. Research has continued to determine the qualitative and quantitative effects of Magnesium absorption through the skin. Magnesium has been clearly identified as a lacking and deficient nutrient in our bodies. Magnesium is a key ingredient in many key processes from musculoskeletal, to neurologic. to cardiovascular to digestive and more.
2. Floating lowers blood pressure while reducing cortisol and adrenaline output. Feedback mechanisms in the brain respond to the state of relaxation that occurs during floating, which leads to reduced blood pressure and reduced adrenal burnout through minimizing the secretion of stress hormones.
3. Floating also helps by reducing stress through increasing the output of 'happy hormones'. Research has demonstrated that floatation therapy elevates the secretions of both serotonin and dopamine.
4. Floating improves sleep. When we don't sleep well, you don't heal well and this distorts the immune system even further. While floating, you enter various stages of sleep and associated brainwaves, which helps the brain to rewire and repair (neuroplasticity).
5. Floating enables activity. Often, when you are weak and fatigued, your brain and body do not want to be active. It is easier to be sedentary. But, we all know that if you don't use it, you lose it. Through stress management, muscle relaxation, and restfulness of a float, it enables you to do that yoga class, swim those laps, take that walk, prepare that report.
In short, Floatation Therapy leverages everything. The benefits come from the combined impact of the high content of magnesium in the water and weightlessness. Being free from gravity helps your muscles fully relax. The biggest benefit of floatation therapy is in your head - literally- which passes the rewards down to the rest of your body.
This past year has been challenging for everyone on so many levels. As a small business owner, I would just like say a little "THANK-YOU" for all your support through these challenging times! A little support goes a long way so let's all stick together and help each other along the way. We don't know who is struggling and a little kindness can make a world of difference!
Thank-you for your support! You truly are appreciated!!!